You are applying for: Day Camp Director
Start Date: May 8th, 2023
Duration: 16 weeks
The Day Camp Director will have primary responsibility for the overall camp program and staff coordination. General duties including planning the staff orientation day, staff training week, creating the day camp programming and ensuring staff are effectively carrying out their responsibilities.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of day camp
- Planning weekly field trips, including booking transportation and admissions
- Creating the daily camp schedule
- The management and supervision of all day camp staff
- Co-planning and implementing orientation week for all summer staff
- Accountable for implementing all policies and procedures relevant to the running of Plattsville Day Camp.
- Participate on a weekly changeover, as well as perform regular cleaning tasks as required.
- Being an enthusiastic and positive role model to children throughout the Day camp activities
- Ensuring that all program activities are enjoyable and safe for all participants
- Document incident reports
- Lead daily staff meetings
- Promote and encourage each individual to maintain and optimum level of health, well being and self-esteem
- Maintain and model appropriate personal boundaries with children
- Support children with problem solving, compatibility and conflict resolution
- Maintain current knowledge of drug and food allergies and sensitivities of each individual in your group
- Ensure all property in maintained at an optimal level of cleanliness and tidiness
- Respect and protect the privacy of information relating to all campers, employees and business affairs
- Ability to work in changing weather conditions
- Overseeing follow-up with all day camp attenders
- Planning and coordinating the end of summer family event
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Successful completion of a police check and vulnerable sector search
- Must be able to be present full time between July 3 and August 18
Applications will be received until March 27th, 2023.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.