You are applying for: Day Camp Program Staff
Application Deadline: April 10th, 2023
Start Date: July 3rd, 2023
Duration: 7 weeks
Plattsville Day Camp invites you to join our amazing, fun, dynamic Summer Day Camp Staff team! This is not just a job, but an opportunity to be developed into tomorrow’s future leader! This position seeks to employ fun, energetic, outgoing and dedicated staff that are between 15 and 30 years of age. We are looking for people who want to be a positive and engaging role model in the lives of the children in our community. Duties include, but are not limited to, planning, running, and managing the 5 weeks of Day camp programming.
Program staff will have the primary responsibility of planning and leading Plattsville Church’s Sunday Morning Jr. Church program. As well as, running, and managing the 5 weeks of Day camp.
- Assisting with the planning, implementation and evaluation of the summer day camp
- Being an enthusiastic and positive role model to children throughout the Day camp activities
- Ensuring that all program activities are enjoyable and safe for all participants
- To be actively involved in all aspects of the Summer Day Camp program
- General supervision and positive role modelling for Leader in Training Participants
- Assist in the daily maintenance and cleanliness of the facilities
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment for children
- Document incident reports
- Attend staff meetings
- Promote and encourage each individual to maintain an optimum level of health, well being and self-esteem
- Maintain and model appropriate personal boundaries with children
- Support children with problem solving, compatibility and conflict resolution
- Maintain current knowledge of drug and food allergies and sensitivities of each individual in your group
- Ensure all property is maintained at an optimal level of cleanliness and tidiness
- Respect and protect the privacy of information relating to all campers, employees and business affairs
- Maintain current knowledge and practice all relevant plans, policies and procedures as established by the Plattsville Day Camp
- Ability to work in changing weather conditions
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Between the ages of 15 and 30
- Successful completion of a police check and vulnerable sector search
- Commit to full time employment between July 3 and August 18
- Available to work on Sunday mornings
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.